Thursday, May 5, 2011

unsure

I never thought I'd develop this sense of identity.
I never thought anybody would look at me, and see, anything except a fiend.
I never thought I'd be up at 3, thinking all these things.
Never thought I'd care about the ocean.
Never thought I'd see good people commit to, such terrible deeds.
I never thought I would live to teach.
Never thought parents would look and me and think.
"I wish my kid would grow up to be like he."

I assumed my life was doomed with gloom.
I assumed that I would turn blue.
I assumed I would still be sitting, in that basement, rotting with you.
I assumed love was true, not just a word.
Not just a statement, created, to take advantage of angels.
I assumed too much, I know.
I assumed parents would see me, and see evil.
"I wish my kid would find someone else, anyone except for he."

No comments:

Post a Comment