Saturday, April 23, 2011

AfterLove

We all have, our place in this world.
Sometimes it's not, as great as we hoped.
While we still cope.
Sometimes its hard, to see through the smoke.
It's hard to even, think clear.
It's hard to sit, without you being here.
I hit the road, but the suns in my eyes.
No matter which, way I turn.
Something reminds me, of you.
.
It ain't worth it for me to smile.
Not having you to smile with.
.
It ain't worth it to fall asleep.
Not having you to wake up, by my side
.
Jokes just ain't funny.
Not having you to laugh along with me.
.
It ain't even worth it, for me to eat.
Not hearing the annoying clink, of your plate next to me.
.
Nothings the same as it used to be.
Sitting in my own home, even feels strange.
I wish I could show you how I've changed.
Only, I haven't.  I'm still the same.
.
I've progressed, but progress isn't success, or accomplishments.
It's only a millimeter in a mile.  Which doesn't make cents.
It's being 22 when projected death is 3x as long as this.
.
You can say, "I love you," but,
I would just quit.
This is moving all to quick,
for me to get a grip. 
And the way I see the stitch is.
You don't even know what love is.

No comments:

Post a Comment